Ages 12-13 (13th birthday falls on or after January 1st of the playing year - 2021)
Teams consist of 11-13 players which play in an Edmonton league. Games are played from Monday to Thursday generally with a home and away game each week. The season starts the first week of May and ends the 3rd weekend of June. The season is completed before the end of the school year. There could possibly be an option to form a provincial team.
Players registering for U13 are expected to attend evaluation sessions
- Evaluations - TBD
- Practices projected to start in April – weather permitting.
- Projected season start: – June 6th
- Picture Day: Saturday, June 26th, 2021, at Millhurst Hall (Time - 4:00 - 4:30pm)
- Registration Fees: $240
- 'AA' Registration Fees: $360
- Tryout Fees: $100
Game Day Structure:
- Games Monday/Wednesday
- 1-2 practices per week – times to be determined at team/parent meeting
- Players to arrive 1 hour prior to the game, ready to play
- Season runs from May to the end of June, with the opportunity to compete in house league provincials in July
Parent involvement/ Volunteering positions:
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Team Manager
- Raffle Coordinator
- Jersey Parent
- Score Keeper
- Pitch Counter
- All players must have:
- CSA approved baseball helmet
- Grey baseball pants (sweat or track pants are also acceptable)
- Red belt
- CSA approved protective cup
- Bats are optional (Players may bring their own bats as long as they fall within the 13U bat regulations)
- EABA will provide a player jersey (to be returned at the end of the season), as well as an undershirt and baseball cap for the player to keep.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
Optional skill development:
Pre-Season Community Camp:
- This pre-season camp is available to players ages 8-18 years interested in developing their skills in a 6-week, grassroots off-season camp that covers all aspects of baseball. Camp will run Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from March 16 – April 22.
More details available under PRE-SEASON COMMUNITY CAMP under the Development tab.
Space is limited. Register early.