13U Ages 12-13
(Birth years 2009 & 2010)
Teams consist of 11-13 players which play in an Edmonton league. Games are played from Monday to Thursday generally with a home and away game each week. The season starts the first week of May and ends the 3rd weekend of June. The season is completed before the end of the school year. There could possibly be an option to form a provincial team.
Players registering for 13U are expected to attend evaluation sessions
- Evaluations - March 20 & 22, 2022
- Practices are projected to start in April – weather permitting.
- Projected season start: Start of May
- Picture Day:
Saturday, June 4th (A teams) 9-5pm
Thursday, June 2nd (AA teams) 5-9pm
Millhurst Community Hall - 5811 19a Ave NW, Edmonton
- Registration Fees: $240
- 'AA' Registration Fees: $375
- 'AA' Registration closes: March 15th
Game Day Structure:
- Games Monday/Wednesday
- 1-2 practices per week – times to be determined at team/parent meeting
- Players to arrive 1 hour prior to the game, ready to play
- Season runs from May to the end of June, with the opportunity for 'A' level players to compete in community league provincials in July
Parent involvement/ Volunteering positions:
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Team Manager
- Raffle Coordinator
- Jersey Parent
- Score Keeper
- Pitch Counter
- Photo Coordinator
- Photo/Social Parent
- All players must have:
- CSA approved baseball helmet
- Grey baseball pants (sweat or track pants are also acceptable)
- Red belt
- CSA approved protective cup
- Bats are optional (Players may bring their own bats as long as they fall within the 13U bat regulations)
- EABA will provide a player jersey (to be returned at the end of the season), as well as an undershirt and baseball cap for the player to keep.
What is included:
- Administration and association fees
- Baseball Alberta fees
- Team / Individual picture for each player
- Coaches honorarium
- Diamond time (practices and games)
- Daily diamond maintenance
- Hat and team shirt
- Umpire game fees
- Score books / Line cards
- First Aid supplies
Evaluations for A & AA Teams
Sunday, March 20, 2022
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Turf Training Centre 1 (5820 59 Ave NW)
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Turf Training Centre 2 (8880 48 Ave NW)
Evaluations will be conducted to ensure players are appropriately placed on teams. This process will also provide an opportunity for technical instruction and feedback on skill development prior to starting the season. It is important for all players to attend their evaluation sessions to ensure teams are balanced to help provide players the best experience throughout the season.
EABA is excited to bring back the possibility of a "AA" team at the 13U level. Dependent on player interest a "AA" team will provide players with the opportunity to play at a more competitive and skill development focused level. Due to the potential uncertainty of being able to host a "AA" team, tryout fees will be suspended for the 2022 season.
All 13U players must register online with EABA prior to March 15, 2022 at that the "A" level. Within the online registration process, players will be asked if they intend to play at the "AA" level. Once a player is selected for the "AA" team, they will be asked to then register at that level.
All registered 13U players will receive an email to conform their evaluation times prior to March 18th, along with any additional details. If you do not receive this email, please check your email account's spam/junk folder before reaching out to email@example.com.