Ages 16-18 (18th birthday falls on or after January 1st of playing year - 2021).
Teams consist of 12-14 players which play in the Edmonton Rural Recreational Baseball League (ERRBL). The members of the ERRBL league include Leduc, Strathcona, Edmonton NE Zone, Edmonton South Jasper Place, Sherwood Park, Devon, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan and Stony Plain. Games are played during the week from Monday to Friday generally with a home and away game each week. The season starts the first week of May weather permitting and ends the 3rd weekend of June with a playoff tournament to determine the Tier I and Tier II level champions. The season is completed before the end of the school year.
There could possibly be an option to form a provincial team. This format has been created for those players wishing to continue playing baseball at the end of the regular ERRBL league season providing there is sufficient player and coach support to field a team. This season runs from late June to the last weekend in July. Weather permitting all games will be played on weekends and the team practices during the week. There may be more travel involved at this level than that of the ERRBL league and level-up fee is required for each player which will be determined once the team is formed.
**Team is eligible to have two (2) – 19 year old athletes on a team.
Players registering 18U are expected to attend evaluation sessions
- Evaluations - TBD
- Practices projected to start in April – weather permitting
- Projected season start: – June 6th
- Picture Day:
- 'A' Team: Saturday, June 26th, 2021, at Millhurst Hall (Time - 4:30 - 5:00pm)
- 'AA' Team: Monday, June 28th, 2021, at Millhurst Hall (7:30 - 8:00pm)
- Registration Fees: $275
- 'AA' Registration Fees: $475
- Tryout Fees: $100
- Game days vary based on Baseball Alberta schedule.
- 1-2 practices per week – times to be determined at team/parent meeting.
- Players to arrive 1 hour prior to the game, ready to play.
- Seasons runs from May to the end of June, with the opportunity to compete in house league provincials in July.
Parent involvement/ Volunteering positions:
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Team Manager
- Raffle Coordinator
- Jersey Parent
- Score Keeper
- Pitch Counter
- All players must have:
- CSA approved baseball helmet
- Grey baseball pants (sweat or track pants are also acceptable)
- Red belt
- CSA approved protective cup
- Bats are optional (Players may bring their own bats as long as they fall within the 18U bat regulations)
- EABA will provide a player jersey (to be returned at the end of the season), as well as an undershirt and baseball cap for the player to keep.
Optional skill development:
Pre-Season Community Camp:
- This pre-season camp is available to players ages 8-18 years interested in developing their skills in a 6-week, grassroots off-season camp that covers all aspects of baseball. Camp will run Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from March 16 – April 22.
More details available under PRE-SEASON COMMUNITY CAMP under the Development tab.
Space is limited. Register early.