Rally Cap (7U)
Ages 6-7 (7th birthday falls on or after January 1 of playing year - 2021).
This is an introductory to baseball level for children 6 to 7 years old. The two main purposes of this level is to get children interested in the game of baseball and to begin preparing them for the next level which is the Rookie level.
The season starts the first week of May and finishes the end of June. It is our goal to provide everyone involved in the sport with a fun and positive experience. This is accomplished by promoting active participation during the game and providing the players with the necessary fundamentals skills during games and practices to learn and develop their individual and team skills while also enjoying their baseball experience. The objectives at this level are to focus on teaching proper throwing mechanics, fielding ground balls, catching, hitting and base running. Through active participation players will continue to develop their personal and team skills. Each Rally Cap team will consist of 6 – 8 players per team making the innings go by quicker, therefore less time for kids to get bored.
It is recommend to have unlimited coaching assistants both on and off the playing field to help give children direction and we encourage parents to get involved and help out at practices and games.
Parents must remain at the diamond and not leave their children alone.
For more information please visit the Baseball Alberta Rally Cap Program Page.
- Team placement based on age and skill level
- Games Monday/Wednesday
- Projected start date: Week of May 17th (weather permitting)
- 6-8 players per team
- Start of year Hat Evaluations at Mill Wood diamonds - May 26th
- Year end Hat Evaluation & BBQ at Mill Woods diamonds - June 26th
- Picture Day: May 29th at Millhurst Hall - 9:00am-5:00pm (Team time: TBD)
- Diamonds at Mill Woods Sports Park (2730 66 St NW)
- Registration Fees: $135.00
Game Day Structure:
- Players to arrive for 6pm
- Three teams per diamond
- Two teams playing. (Game begins at 6:30 following a warm up)
- Third team focusing on skill development in the field
- Games end by 8pm
Parent involvement/ Volunteering positions:
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Team Manager
- Raffle Coordinator
- Rally Cap Evaluations (Two times per season)
- Parents are also asked to be outfielders during the game, to assist the players
- All players must have:
- CSA approved baseball helmet
- Running shoes
- Baseball pants (sweat or track pants are also acceptable)
- CSA approved protective cup
- EABA will provide players a shirt and baseball cap
Optional skill development Spring camp:
- To learn and develop new, or refresh already existing skills
- $45.00 – April 11th & 18th from 6-8 pm at the Turf Training Centre.
- Pre-registration online is required
- Find out more about the Rally Cap / 9U Spring Camp.