Ages 10 & 11 (11th birthday falls on or after January 1st of the playing year - 2021)
Teams consist of 11-13 players which play in an Edmonton league. Games are played from Monday to Thursday generally with a home and away game each week. The season starts the first week of May and ends the 3rd weekend of June. The season is completed before the end of the school year. There could possibly be an option to form a community provincial team.
If we do not have enough players to form an 11U AA team then we will form an 11U tier A+ Team for the players interested in playing at a higher level, players must have the skill level and commitment just as the AA level. This team will be made up of EABA try-out numbers. All players must attend tryouts to be considered. A+ team will most likely play weekday games but the team will be expected to represent EABA in Provincials in July. Extra fees will apply for A+ team.
Players registering U11 are expected to attend evaluation sessions.
- Tryouts - TBD
- Practices projected to start in April – weather permitting.
- Projected season start: – June 6th
- Picture Day: Saturday, June 26th, 2021, at Millhurst Hall
- Red Team: 2:30 - 3:00pm
- Blue Team : 3:00 - 3:30pm
- Green Team: 3:30 - 4:00pm
- Registration Fees: $220
- 'AA' Registration Fees: $330
- Tryout Fees: $100
Game Day Structure:
- Games Tuesday/Thursday
- 1-2 practices per week – times to be determined at team/parent meeting
- Players to arrive 1 hour prior to the game, ready to play
- Seasons runs from May to the end of June, with the opportunity to compete in house league provincials in July
Parent involvement/ Volunteering positions:
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Team Manager
- Raffle Coordinator
- Jersey Parent
- Score Keeper
- Pitch Counter
- All players must have:
- CSA approved baseball helmet
- Grey baseball pants (sweat or track pants are also acceptable)
- Red belt
- CSA approved protective cup
- Bats are optional (Players may bring their own bats as long as they fall within the 11U bat regulations)
- EABA will provide a player jersey (to be returned at the end of the season), as well as an undershirt and baseball cap for the player to keep.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
Optional skill development:
Pre-Season Community Camp:
- This pre-season camp is available to players ages 8-18 years interested in developing their skills in a 6-week, grassroots off-season camp that covers all aspects of baseball. Camp will run Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from March 16 – April 22.
More details available under PRE-SEASON COMMUNITY CAMP under the Development tab.
Space is limited. Register early.
April 12th 2021 - Turf Training Centre 2
(8880 -48 Ave NW)
Group 1 - 6:00-6:40 PM
Group 2 - 6:45-7:25 PM
Group 3 - 7:30-8:10 PM
Group 4 - 8:15- 8:55 PM
Evaluations are conducted to allow
players to be appropriately placed on one of the three "A" level teams. Having fair and balanced teams will ensure that all players have a fun and rewarding experience.
Players will also receive feedback from the evaluations that they can use during the season to assist with their skill development.
An email has been sent out informing players of their evaluation group. If you did not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.