11U Ages 10-11
(11th birthday falls on or after January 1 of playing year - 2022)
Teams consist of 11-13 players which play in an Edmonton league. Games are played from Monday to Thursday generally with a home and away game each week. The season starts the first week of May and ends the 3rd weekend of June.
This division will host multiple community 'A' level teams This structure allows for more equal opportunities for all players to learn, develop and reinforce the fundamentals of baseball that are still being established by players at this age level. With a focus on fun and engaging player development, players are supported to grow their skills, ability and knowledge, but to also build relationships and comradery.
Players will be required to attend an indoor evaluation session prior to the start of the sesaon. It is important that players attend the session to ensure appropriate placement on teams. Players will be contacted with details for their specific evalution time.
Players that are interested in participating in an extended season will be provided the opportunity to try out for an 11U A+ team to represent EABA in Provincials in July. Further details regarding tryouts and schedules will be provided during the season. Extra fees will apply for A+ team.
- Evaluations - Saturday, March 26, 2022
- Practices projected to start in April – weather permitting
- Projected season start: – Start of May
- Picture Day: TBD
- Registration Fees: $220
Game Day Structure:
- Games Tuesday/Thursday
- 1-2 practices per week – times to be determined at team/parent meeting
- Players to arrive 1 hour prior to the game, ready to play
- Season runs from May to the end of June, with the opportunity to compete in 'A' league provincials in July
Parent involvement/ Volunteering positions:
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Team Manager
- Parent Liaison
- Raffle Coordinator
- Jersey Parent
- Score Keeper
- Pitch Counter
- Photo Coordinator
- Photo/Social Parent
- All players must have:
- CSA approved baseball helmet
- Grey baseball pants (sweat or track pants are also acceptable)
- Red belt
- CSA approved protective cup
- Bats are optional (Players may bring their own bats as long as they fall within the 11U bat regulations)
- EABA will provide a player jersey (to be returned at the end of the season), as well as an undershirt and baseball cap for the player to keep.
What is included:
- Administration and association fees
- Baseball Alberta fees
- Team / Individual picture for each player
- Coaches honorarium
- Diamond time (practices and games)
- Daily diamond maintenance
- Hat and team shirt
- Umpire game fees
- First Aid supplies
SEASON REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
DATES: Saturday, March 26, 2022
LOCATION: Turf Training Centre 1
TIME: Between 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Evaluations are conducted to allow
players to be appropriately placed on an "A" level/Community team. Having fair and balanced teams will ensure that all players have a fun and rewarding experience.
Players will also receive feedback from the evaluations that they can use during the season to assist with their skill development.
An email will been sent out informing players of their evaluation group. If you do not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.